Product care, Safety

Caring for your candle.

The first time you light your candle you must let it burn for at least 2 hours, or until the liquified wax on the top of the candle (melt pool) reaches the edge of the glass.

Wax has a memory, and doing this each time you light the candle will ensure it doesn’t “tunnel” - burn down leaving un-melted wax at the edges. Sometimes soot marks appear on the glass but these are easily removed with a damp cloth. You should not let your candle burn for more than 4 hours at a time.

Always trim the wick each time before lighting your candle. 1cm is about right, remove any residue before lighting the candle. Position your candle away from draughts to prevent an irregular burn.

Candle safety

Store and burn your candle away from children and pets. Burn for a maximum of 4 hours at a time. Never leave a burning candle unattended or burning when asleep. Don’t leave matchstick ends or other foreign objects in the wax. Place on a flat level surface and keep away from draughts. Your candle is finished when 1cm of wax remains in the bottom. Do not touch or move your candle when lit.

With the pillar candles the candle is finished when the wax level is 2cm above the decoration please extinguish and do not relight.

Caring for your Reed Diffuser

The reed diffusers should last up to 8 weeks. If you notice the fragrance intensity is weakening, we suggest flipping the reeds, every 2 weeks, to get the best possible fragrance performance.

Always keep out of the reach of young children and never ingest the reed diffuser oil. Fragrance oils may damage furniture, fabrics, painted surfaces, wood and plastics. Take care to protect your surfaces during use. Please refer to all recommendations listed on the packaging. 

For all our products please follow the recommendations and safety advise on the packaging attached.